Sunday, February 13, 2011
Trudy Rhoton
I was a convert to the church at age 13. We came to Mesa as my Dad was in government employment. My mother, brother & self were left here when he was transferred. We met some wonderful LDS children our ages, and they invited us to church, which was twice on Sundays & mutual.We loved all the kids we met. We were invited to a Family Home Evening. A huge book was on their coffee table. I loved to read and asked if I could look at it. I was hooked and wanted to know if I could learn more. So Sister Webb, Sister Johnson and Sister Hancock set aside 1 day a week and had me come into their homes. I grew to love them and later called them Grandparents. The Library then was in the basement of the Temple, and I was not a member. Brother Johnson took me to a meeting with the Bishop. He knew I was attending all my meetings, but had to wait for my Father to be transferred back home.But he gave me a recommend, and a card with days and times that the Library was open. Everyday that it was opened I was there and the missionaries were there to help me. My father returned and gave his permission, and on the 6th of Nov. 1948 all my family was baptised. Since then I finished school and became a nurse, married and had 5 children. My second son died at birth,we then had another son and 2 daughters. I have been a Primary President, Relief Society Pres., Secretary to the Relief Society Pres, Stake Welfare Leader, filled 2 Missions, and sewed clothes & quilts for the Humanitarian Services. I spend my extra time at my computer doing family research in Ireland. I have a deep abiding testimony that Jesus is the Christ, my brother, and I am a strong believer in the Atonement. I am thankful for the service I have been able to give my heavenly Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment