Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sister Thoughts- Connie M Christensen

(We will be posting all of the thoughts turned in by the sisters for our ward collection. Enjoy!)

In 1999 (at age 72) I was asked to serve at the Mesa Regional Family History Center. This has been and is a wonderful experience and a blessing in my life! I am still serving as a missionary volunteer three days a week. each morning, as I open the door of that blessed building, I feel the sweet spirit reach out to me, as I am greeted by the dear sisters and brothers who are there to assist and help all those who come seeking their ancestry. All through the day that same blessed atmosphere of giving, kind, caring, thoughtful, helpful and genuine concern for others can be felt and seen as those who are searching and seeking are blessed to find their beloved families! Then it becomes a time for rejoicing for all! I am truly grateful for this blessing at this time in my life and the wonderful brothers and sisters who are the leaders, teachers, missionaries and all who have blessed my life by their wondrous examples of serving our dear Father in Heaven here at the Mesa Regional Family History Center.
March 20, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment